Named after the otter and kangaroo (whose movements babies tend to mimic at just eight weeks old), Otteroo produces a range of floaties for young babies, to encourage water play from an early age. Growing up, founder Tiffany Chiu was terrified of the water and only learned to swim when she had to (in order to graduate from college). She was inspired to found Otteroo by her nephew, Stanley, in the hope that this innovative floatie would not only make bath time fun for babies but also ease the transition between mommy’s tummy to the bath and pool before fear like hers can set in. Today, the brand is a world leader in safety standards for water play, and has partnered with UC Berkeley’s Infant Studies Center to explore the potential benefits of using Otteroo in facilitating motor and psychological development.
From 8 weeks old, Otteroo can give your baby the freedom of movement in water so they can discover how their arms, legs and body can move to impact their immediate surroundings and direction. The buoyancy and physical freedom that Otteroo provides promote movement coordination, muscle strength and mobility.
- Patented cut-out holes for easier on-and-off
- Fun for use at bath-time or in the pool
- Seamless inner rim to prevent skin irritation
- Cushioned chin rest for baby’s comfort
- Two separate air chambers
- Made using the highest grade of toxin-free plastic
- No ink is used on any exposed surfaces
- Maximum baby weight: 35 lbs / 15 kg
- Age recommendation: 8 weeks + / 9 lbs
Color: Clear with Teal Blue Bottom